Welcome to a little moment in your day to SLOW DOWN.
Often, we get caught up in the busyness of life and needing to do something, needing to be something, needing to perform, tick boxes or get stuff done. We get caught up in all of life. We forget to slow everything down.
Sometimes when I get caught up in the doing space, in the trying to be something or someone space, trying to get stuff done, get through my to-do list. It is here that I feel an angst and anxiety rise within me, where I easily fall into the stories, the emotions or the frustrations. This is when I lose the connection to myself.
This connection to myself / ourself never actually goes away. It is never lost. We just forget, forget our heart space, where our true nature of compassion and love is always residing. This remembering always brings in a beautiful layer of softening. Softening to the edges of everything that life has bought us to experience.
This choice we make to slow down and remember our true nature of love is not something that we only do once a day or appears on our to-do-list. It is simply in all the little choices that we make throughout our days, in all the moments.
For me, this might look like a few mindful breaths or a moment to remember my heart-space.
One of my favourite breathing techniques is to extend my exhalation, this can be done with a sigh or hum or even a quiet breath. This type of breath is beginning to access my parasympathetic nervous system. This is the calm, reset and quiet within my nervous system and within me.
I invite you now to take a moment with me to slow down. Give yourself permission to let everything go that you ‘have to do’ or ‘need to get done’ and just spend a moment with me. To take a mindful moment with our heart.
- Find yourself in a comfortable seat or lying down.
- Close your eyes or soften your gaze.
- Repeat 3 times… I am here, I am here, I am here
- Take a few deep breaths with the long exhalation. Maybe invite in a sigh as you let go or even a hum to help you elongate your exhalation even more.
- Bring your hand to touch your heart space. Can you feel the warmth of your heart? Can you feel your heart beating under your hand?
- Spend an extra moment here thinking about something that evokes great love and compassion within you, this might be your favourite cup of tea or someone you love.
- Be curious here what your love and compassion could feel like.
- When you are ready bring some gentle movement back to your body and blink open your eyes.
I invite you to bring this beautiful sense of slowness, of quiet, into your day in whatever you are doing, in whatever needs to be done, feeling into your breath, feeling into the energy of your unique heart.
Enjoy your day.
With rainbows of love